Savannah, GA is well known for its historic green squares around which many grand residences were built. The city is further enhanced by three beautiful public parks that grace the waterfront and historic district of this noteworthy city.
Forsyth Park in Savannah
Just steps away from the Olde Savannah Inn on the corner of Bull and Gaston Streets, Forsyth Park is the largest and most spectacular of Savannah’s elegant parks. It was created in the 1840s after land was donated for the purpose of public enjoyment by local resident, William Hodgson. The park was expanded in 1851 and renamed after the governor of Georgia, John Forsyth. Read more